Re: trying to boot an Imac into debian....apologies

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 03:24:55PM -0500, Walter Tautz wrote:
> >
> > > Having difficulty getting it to work. I.e the yaboot step
> > > with ofboot does not succeed when the computer is told to
> > > reboot from the install. I ran the command:
> >
> > mkofboot --boot /dev/hda5 -m /usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot --root /dev/hda7 --partition 7
>
> only if you run potato.  for woody just run make system bootable.  if
> that doesn't work i want to know why.
>
> > and respond yes when it asks to create a hfs filesystem. The default is
> > No? I assume that when they mean device node of the the bootstrap partition
> > they mean /boot ?
>
> no. rtfm.

Sorry, your right. However may I have the audacity to say that the
mac-fdisk  document referred to in the main install documentation
for debian powerpc (stable version) is not as complete as the one
at your site as your version clearly makes provisions for both
potato and woody. In any event I apologize for being a lazy
ass. Keep up the good work and let me know how I can be helpful--
I guess the first step would be the read the damn manuals... :-;

-walter