Re: install guide for ppc-mac

Ok,

none of my emails to the list seem to go through...

Ethan Benson wrote:

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 01:03:44PM +0100, sisi wrote:

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 10:45:02PM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 09:51:49PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:

When I found that a few months ago, dan explained that the doubled letters
were supposed to come out bold.
ummmm, since when could you have bold and other such attributes in
plain ascii text?

isn't this what happens when you look at man pages with a text editor?

no, man chmod > manchmod

then look at in a text editor, its full of control character
sequences, but not double text like that.

as for the raw man page, thats in nroff it doesn't use doubled text to
represent bold either.

try "man ./install.txt" and you'll see the headers in bold.

Cheers
--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net