ldconfig error

Hello,

Can someone let me know what the following errors mean, and how to fix them
please?

/bin/startx: /bin/xauth: cannot execute binary file
/bin/startx: /bin/xinit:      "      "      "

I have updated some files over the net and can't quite work out what has
happened. I am a relative newbie to Linux though have been reading some docs
to familiarise myself with the various apps, but still a long way to go.

Best Wishes,

--
John

Experience is directly proportional to the value of equipment destroyed.
-- Carolyn Scheppner
mail: chaos@lamiga.screaming.net http://www.lordofchaos.co.uk ICQ 110130385
Nick = Chaos A1200 BlizzardPPC 240mhz 060/50 BlizzardVision OS3.9