Re: Problems with 2.2rev3 on a iBook Dual USB

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 04:15:47AM -0500, Bill Vinson wrote:
> Meant to send this to the list, sorry, so here goes...
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> >Thanks for the reply,
> >
> >I know that boot-floppies on PPC don't mean floppies, but I am kinda
> >new to Linux on ppc.  In x86 I would just install bare woody and
> >immediately 'apt-get dist-upgrade' to woody.  How do I get a cdimage
> >for woody.  Do I need to use the pseudo image kit?  Is there any
> >problem with doing it from an x86 machine?
> >
> >Thanks and pardon my inexperience here,
> >Bill

I think you're looking for the woody installation manual for powerpc, at

<LI><a href="http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/doc/install.en.html";>Installing Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 For PowerPC</a>

It has details about how to boot the install system without floppies,
creating a special bootstrap partition, etc. etc. Yes, after you get the
base system installed you can install other packages; if you install woody
your sources will already be set to testing.

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |      Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com      |
|   `-    |            May the Source be with you                |