Re: insomniac iBook2

> pmud (0.7-6) on my iBook2 (Sid) is indecisive, as of an apt-get
> upgrade this week.  When I close the lid it spins down, lights up the
> snoozelight, pauses, then spins up again and turns off the
> snoozelight, then it snoozes again then it wakes up again, continuing
> this cycle until the battery dies (as it happened yesterday).

Anything in the logs (/var/log/messages)? What kernel version does this
happen with? Can you add logger calls to pwrctl to see what really happens
here (call sync just after logger in the sleep branch for Core99 just to
be safe).

> If I run "snooze" it stays asleep until I close the lid, then it
> starts again, and does the cycle as above.

Odd. So sleep basically works but something related to the lid close wakes
up the machine (such as the PMU keeps generating interrupts, or sends
some ADB event instead of just waiting for a poll). Any idea, Ben? There
seems to be a way to control wakeup on lid open via /proc/pmu/options...
Please try echo "lid_wakeup=0" > /proc/pmu/options and see what that gets
you.

As a workaround, change pwrctl to shut down on lid close (that'll also
happen on snooze unless you use snooze -f). Or try to come up with some
way to detect the loop and only shuut down when you're trapped in the
loop.

> Also, both before this problem and during it, the backlight has never
> shut off for me upon snooze, unless it is already set to the lowest
> level.  At intermediate levels it actually gets brighter when I close
> the lid.  (I can control the backlight with the function keys or
> fblevel, though).
>
> Are these known problems?  Are there known solutions?  Or have I been
> careless?

New problems, no known solutions. I can't debug this myself so I'd
appreciate any hints you can give.

	Michael