Re: DGA on iBook2

Michel Dänzer wrote:

On Sat, 2001-10-27 at 18:08, Adrian Cox wrote:
It's still not perfect - the Xserver dies if I suspend the iBook when in DGA mode.
Is that with APM emulation enabled in the kernel and /dev/apm_bios
existing, resulting in lines like

(II) Open APM successful

in the X server log? If not, can you try with that and vice versa?

I have APM emulation working well enough to run the GNOME battery applet. I made /dev/apm_bios with MAKEDEV apm:

crw-rw----    1 root     root      10, 134 Oct 28 14:50 /dev/apm_bios

But no such line appears in the X server log. Is there some other option I need to enable it? There's no mention of apm in man XF86Config-4.

I've also had a DGA application exit leaving the X server stuck with caps-lock on, no matter what the state of the actual caps-lock key. It's still a lot less reliable than on my x86 box running the r128 server.

--
Adrian Cox   http://www.humboldt.co.uk/