Re: OpenGL acceleration on a rage 128 pro

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Nathan Conrad wrote:

> This helped it. It doesn't crash now (Although it did immediatly after
> restarting XFree86). glxgears runs about 5 times faster (about 250 fps).
> Thank you for the tip.

Beware, your system may be unstable with DRI enabled at all. That's been
my experience, anyway (on both a blue-and-white G3 tower and a FireWire
iBook).

> It freezes after spitting out a debug message about the hwcursor. Must I
> pass it some arguments when loading it (such as which depth to use?). If
> so, How do I do this with depmod?

You can add lines to modules.conf to do that kind of thing (man
modules.conf, or man modprobe). Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac with a
3Dfx board, so I don't know what you would need to do to make it go.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN