Re: G3's, G4's, Altivec, DVD's, iBooks, and TiBooks

I just got a new iBook 2001 600MHz+COMBO-DVD/CDRW+256MB. It plays DVDs both
under macos9 and running debian using the vlc package without any problem at
all. The previous one had many troubles even playing simple MP3 due to 66MHz
bus speed mostly I believe. The increase in cpu speed is not phenomenal but
it can only helps.

Laurent