Re: netscape on Potato

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 05:20:10PM -0500, Paul F. Pearson wrote:

> I gave up on Mozilla. I downloaded it from the MOzilla web stie, and it
> also wouldn't use the Automatically COnfigured internet proxy we're
> required to use at work.

What version of Mozilla did you use?  I use an autoconfigured proxy,
too, and while for a long time Mozilla would just break when I tried
to use it, some time after April of this year it started working, and
has ever since; I no longer use Netscape at all, and don't know the
answer to your question.

Your mileage, of course, may vary, but if you haven't used the newest
newest version of Mozilla, I think you should try it.

> P.S.: this is not ppc related, but where's a good reference on X security?
> I need to use rsh, but the remote clients can't connect to my X server. I
> presume that it's a Magic Cookie thing, but I know nothing about this
> stuff. My workaround right now is to use 'xhost +' to turn off the
> security, but I don't like that.

This is not an answer to your question, but you should use ssh instead
of rsh, and you can tunnel x clients through ssh, without having to
involve xhost at all.

O.