Re: Mapping cmd to alt in X with linux keycodes

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 03:25:33PM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> That's very odd.  ~/.Xmodmap still seems to work, are you saying
> /etc/X11/Xmodmap will no longer be used?  Bummer!

xmodmap is now deprecated but not difficult to support.  I continue to
ship the old /etc/X11/Xmodmap in xfree86-common's examples directory,
and will gladly accept patches to expand it.

Users can still run xmodmap from their .xsession files, of course, or
the administrator can re-enable the old behavior by reading the advice
in Xsession(5).

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    It was a typical net.exercise -- a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    screaming mob pounding on a greasy