Re: Mapping cmd to alt in X with linux keycodes

Ethan Benson wrote:

http://master.penguinppc.org/~eb/Xmodmap

Thanks very much, this looks great! I'll fiddle with it slightly on my setup so both alt and meta are on 115 and 116.

Can we suggest that to Branden for (commented) inclusion in /etc/X11/Xmodmap (or have you done so already)?

note this won't work with the XFree packages in sid since xmodmap
support has been removed from the Xsession scripts since its allegedly
`deprecated'  and as far as anyone has told me no replacement has been
documented.  (other then fscking with the keymaps directly which is
IMO not a replacement).

That's very odd. ~/.Xmodmap still seems to work, are you saying /etc/X11/Xmodmap will no longer be used? Bummer!

Thanks again,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>