Re: usb printing problem

Hi,

Hope I understood the question right - I'l try to explain how I got
USB working for printing. Don't know if there are differences in SID.

I've Woody on G4 with benh-2.4.10-kernel, printing with CUPS (which I
would recommend - but that's not the topic).

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 08:04:53PM -0600, Jason E. Stewart wrote:
> "Jack Howarth" <howarth@bromo.msbb.uc.edu> writes:
>
> > the output is accepted by the device without complaint but
> > nothing happens with the printer. Any one else seeing issues?

I've seen that when USB wasn't configured correctly.

What I had to do was the following:

1.)Kernel needed CONFIG_USB and CONFIG_USB_PRINTER.

2.)mkdir /dev/usb/
   mknod /dev/usb/usblp0 c 180 0

3.)adding the following line in /etc/fstab a line after the
</proc>-entry:

  none   /proc/bus/usb    usbdevfs    defaults      0   0

That's it. ;-)

Hope it helps

SY

--