Re: change xmodmap for lower enter key?
- To: Steven Hanley <email@example.com>
- Cc: Debian PowerPC <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: change xmodmap for lower enter key?
- From: Matt Brubeck <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 00:15:27 -0700 (PDT)
- Message-id: <Pine.GSO.4.32.0110010009400.4280-100000@Hobgoblin>
- In-reply-to: <20011001170227.A15659@shiva.marian>
On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Steven Hanley wrote:
> I have tried changing the key X sees when the enter key is pressed on
> my pismo keyboard.
> "keycode 108 = Control_L"
> it seems to work fine as the xev program sees it as Control L or
> Control R, however X apps dont seem to see the change, emacs wont let
> me do C-whatever...
Besides changing the keysym, you must update the modifier map:
keycode 108 = Control_L
add Control = Control_L
See "man xmodmap" for details.