Re: Debian Linux on PowerBook 1400cs -- eeep?

> Hi,
> I downloaded some of the 1.44-images for PowerPC debian, among others the
> boot-floppy-hfs.img-file...
>
> I wrote it to a floppy using rawrite on a pc, and tested it on the
> powerbook... unfortunately, it appears to hang after two-three minutes of
> displaying that cute little logo with a mac and a penguin while reading a
> lot from the floppy drive...

The 1400 is one of those rare birds, the NuBus PPC.

Ref: http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/models.html

If you search this list for NuBus, you'll find a link at SourceForge for an
experimental NuBus Linux.

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |           Chris Tillman                              |
|   `-    |           tillman@azstarnet.com                      |