Debian Linux on PowerBook 1400cs -- eeep?

Hi,
I downloaded some of the 1.44-images for PowerPC debian, among others the boot-floppy-hfs.img-file...

I wrote it to a floppy using rawrite on a pc, and tested it on the powerbook... unfortunately, it appears to hang after two-three minutes of displaying that cute little logo with a mac and a penguin while reading a lot from the floppy drive...

i've only got 16mb ram, it appears to be the problem i've got when trying to install mklinux, but i didn't thing debian needed that much (i've installed debian on pc's with only 16mb, i believe?)

any help appreciated,

Jørn Holm
brotulix@deathcorporation.com