Re: OT: Darwin

David N. Welton writes:
> "Berg, Björn" <BERG@genesys-e.de> writes:

>> NetBSD has also a not so free sourcecode (I see it as package not
>> only the Kernel). Some parts are not published under GPL (like
>> Linux) but under the BSD License which restricts developers and
>> users.
>
> That's not correct.  The BSD license is more liberal than the GPL,

Nope. The original BSD license places restrictions on how you may
advertize BSD-based products. (must mention UC Berkeley) While the
university has dropped this requirement, many people cloned the
license with their own name in place of UC Berkeley. Thus you may
not advertize NetBSD without including a huge list of contributers.