Re: XFree86 update question

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 08:15:05PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Show us how other distros make this transition smoother and we will try to do
> the same.

other distros simply don't have a real upgrade fucntion, you just
reinstall.  that is the same as doing a clean boot-floppies install
with debian which will give you linux keycodes from the start.

the upgrade process is really quite painless if you rtfm and read the
fucking upgrade notice/release notes.  sometimes these kinds of
transitions can't be done totally transparently, thats why they are
saved for major dist upgrades and noted in the release notes.

should we still be using libc5 today because the glibc upgrade was
a bit hard?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/