Re: HFS Plus on Linux ?

My experience while using hfs volumes under Linux has been mediocre at best.
Mounting ro is ok, but writing files to it is asking for trouble.

If you really have to write to hfs partition, then you should make some hfs
shuttle partition and keep it for that task only. I do a reformat on this
partition after switching to MacOS because I've lost files on the corrupted
volume after using Linux writing to it in the past. Having now two machines,
I get away from having to do this by using ftp.

One thing you can do to find out about the quality of hfs support on Linux
is trying to run Norton Utilities and examine the partition you store files
using Linux to. The report will usually show a list of problems, some
minors, some majors. Not a good thing(tm)

Laurent