Re: PCMCIA with yenta_socket driver, and wavelan...on Lombard!

Florent Pillet <Florent.Pillet@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> I have a Farallon Skyline 11Mbp (PRISM II chipset) and got it to
> work on my Lombard. Here is my /etc/default/pcmcia:

[snip]

> include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x1000-0x17ff
> include memory 0x80000000-0x80ffffff

I tried this, and this is what I get:

Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
Yenta IRQ list 0000, PCI irq22
Socket status: 30000006
cs: memory probe 0x80000000-0x80ffffff: excluding 0x80000000-0x80ffffff
cs: unable to map card memory!
cs: unable to map card memory!

I wonder why it would exclude all the memory that I defined?

What kernel version/pcmcia-cs version are you running?  What does the
output look like in dmesg?

> That's all. I don't know for the wavelan card, but with the Farallon I use
> the orinoco driver which works just fine (except that WEP is not supported
> by this driver yet on the PrismII chipset, whereas the older wvlan_ng driver
> did support it -- it's only a matter of time I guess :-))

Yeah, the orinoco driver should work fine with this card, but it's not
getting that far, unfortunately.

Thanks for your help,

--
Josh Huber                                   | huber@debian.org |