memtestPPC ?

The x86 world has a stand-alone memory test program called
memtest86 that boots from a floppy. This is great, because it
can test all the memory in the system. It's only a few kB in
size, and can move itself about as needed. It uses direct VGA
text memory access for output.

So now I have a Mac with some bad memory, and... what do I do?
MacOS seems to test memory at boot, but doesn't reliably find
a problem. Maybe 15% of the time I get an error message.

Any hope of a stand-alone program that would take advantage of
the various PowerPC features (cache control & AltiVec prefetch)
to find memory problems?