Woody Boot Disks (was downgrade sid to woody?)

At 8:08 AM -0500 9/3/01, Kevin van Haaren wrote:
I messed up my machine a couple of times running unstable (huh, wonder why they call it that 8-) anyway I want to downgrade to just woody. I dug through the apt-get and dselect man pages and didn't see a way to do this. Is it enough to remove the unstable references in sources.list and run upgrade? or will that leave some of the unstable packages in place?

Thanks for all the replies, I apologize for posting a topic that was more appropriate to the -user list. I've decided to go ahead and just reformat and start from scratch. This will let me move away from BootX to quik too, and let me get rid of a lot of crud I've accumlated over the last year.

Now for the new (PowerPC related) problem:

This is a SuperMac C500, Mac clone. I've added 64MB of memory (96 total), an AdvanSys (ConnectCom) SCSI card, and a IDE hard drive to the integrated IDE controller on the motherboard (this all worked under a custom compiled 2.2.19 kernel, I needed to add ConnectCom's lastest driver to get the SCSI card to work).

When I boot from the Woody boot disks, the HFS disk works fine, I put the root disk in, hit enter (which works fine -- yeah!), and after a while and a bunch of messages I get:

set_blocksize: b_count 1, dev fd(2,0), block 1 from c0067b74
Error: Kernel Panic unable to mount root fs on 02:00

I thought it might be a bad floppy and tried putting the root.bin image on a different disk. Same error (possible 2 bad floppies? They aren't brand new)

Could a conflict with the SCSI card cause this?  Any other ideas?

Thanks - Kevin