Re: problem with yaboot/ybin on iBook

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 05:34:28PM +0800, Kin Chung wrote:
> >Ethan Benson wrote:
> >/me ponders adding mandatory checks to ybin to enforce the
> >Apple_Bootstrap type.
>
> But... that would make it user-friendly! :-p
>
> Seriously, though, that is a very good idea, at least until Apple
> decides to break things again.

they won't.  because OSX boots the exact same way.  (when you use UFS).

main reason i haven't added such checks so far is because its not
exactly trivial in /bin/sh.  im toying with rewriting ybin in C at
some point anyway, i could do several things better that way...

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/