Re: usb zip on ppc potato

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 08:31:20AM +0930, Dan Kortschak wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have just migrated from Yellowdog where I was using a 2.3 USB backport) and
> have most things running now. However I am having problems with getting my USB
> zip 100 working. What things do I need to do for this? I have looked through the
> lists for ideas, but the packages mentioned do not exist on the debian CDs
> (hotplug usb-storage usb-core etc). I'm running potato'd 2.2.19 which I
> understand should support USB storage. Can anyone help?

it might or it might not, ive found that usb mass storage under 2.2
doesn't work on all devices, you might need a 2.4 kernel.

you could try 2.4.7 from ftp.kernel.org (later and eariler versions
are too broken) or a benh series, unfortunatly penguinppc.org is still
offline so you can't get anything from there.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/