Re: Basic Questions about Debian PPC

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 09:04:09PM -0400, Individual . . wrote:

> 3)  I use yaboot, since my computer is a New World Rom iMac. Will i
> have to do a lot of customization, or is it a simple affair to use
> yaboot with DebianPPC? And yes, i HAVE read the section on yaboot,
> but i wanted a personal view on the subject.

LinuxPPC sets up yaboot completly wrong, and that wrong method is not
supported under debian.  debian's woody installation system will
properly install yaboot but you must partition correctly.

http://penguinppc.org/usr/ybin/doc/mac-fdisk-basics.shtml

the woody installation system will verify and enforce proper
partitioning.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/