Re: graph OF hangs - Please help

Hello Ethan!

Thanks for the complete answer, I'll follow your suggestions :-).

> the only other thing i could suggest is removing or zeroing out the
> bootstrap partition on /dev/hdb having two bootable partitions in the
> same place on different disks could be confusing OpenFirmware. (it
> still doesn't deal with slaves that well in general based on the mail
> i get).

If I would remove bootstrap on my ultra1:9 with mac-fdisk d, would it
leave my other linux-partitions with their content alive?
...and would it be possible to eliminate the Apple-driver partitions
from that disk too without danger for existing linux-partitions?

I think, after reading the security announce from mac-fdisk (woody),
that it must be possible to free hdb15 Apple_HFS at least without
danger for the rest of the disk and change it to a linux partition, am
I right?

> if you use the `16p' type syntax to mac-fdisk for the ending block
> when creating your last partition you won't have this wasted space at
> the end of the disk, the number you use is the number of the last
> Apple_Free partition.  see mac-fdisk-basics.

Right - looks nice now ;-))

Cheers

--
mfg