Re: switch from ADB to linux keycodes ...

g> Sadly, this nasty business of the Caps-Lock key is done in the
g> hardware on Powerbooks. This is causes me incredible frustration with
g> my TiBook (especially after a long session in emacs...). I have been
g> looking into a hardware solution (e.g., run a small wire from the
g> control key to the caps lock key...), but so far I have not found a
g> way to do without placing my keyboard in great risk (the membranes and
g> contacts on the powerbook keyboards are particulary thin... so much so
g> that tampering with them without destroying them will prove difficult).

        Yes, this is easily my greatest frustration with the TiPB.  If
you ever find a hardware solution I'd appreciate it if you could share
it.

        For now, I've disabled the extra key events that the kernel
generates for the CapsLock key and am trying to train myself to
press and release once each time before typing a control character
sequence, but it clearly sucks.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net