Re: Fips for Macos (or something like that?)

please wrap lines at something sane, like 72 characters

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 03:35:06PM +0100, debianiz@softhome.net wrote:
> Hi:
>
> 	I've got a performa 6200 , now I can boot linux kernel for nubus machines.. and I can start the instalation process of Debian Potato. My problem now is that I have only a big Hfs partition, and I cannot delete all the system to make again the partitions. So there something like partition magic or fips for macos?

if its HFS+ nope.

if its HFS there are expensive proprietary products that may work (FWB
toolkit).  i have also been told that HFS (not plus) has no internal
ideas about what size the filesystem is, it just trusts the partition
table, thus if you use a defraggmenter/optimizer to move all the data
to the physical beginning of the partition, you can simply change the
size of the partition in the partition table.

doing this of course is at your own risk and i don't guarentee it
won't trash all the data on the drive and leave you a unusable,
unbootable system.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/