Re: Is the iBook2 really good?

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 02:34:12PM +0300, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> On 18 Aug 2001 16:55:55 -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
>
> > > galeon uses the Mozilla rendering engine but is less of a resource
> hog BTW.
> >
> > galeon 0.11.5 with mozilla 0.9.3-1 have been proving to be very
> > unstable on powerpc from my observation anyway.
>
> I can second that. It seems to crash very often.

a combination of libc upgrades, mozilla upgrades (0.9.3+0-2) and
removing ALL mozilla and galeon configuration (restoring bookmarks in
galeon from a .xbel export and then exporting to mozilla) seems to
have improved reliability significantly (i had already tried the
config purge, it helped but it helped more after upgrading mozilla, i
don't know if libc helped at all or not, its just the only other
change that could affect anything).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/