Re: Is the iBook2 really good?

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 03:46:15AM -0700, Russell Williams wrote:

> --- Michel Dänzer <michdaen@iiic.ethz.ch> wrote:
> > Russell Williams wrote:
> > >
> > > Is the iBook2 really a good choice as an
> > inexpensive Debian notebook?
> >
> > Most definitely.
>
> Is the iBook2 a NewWorld mac?

yes, OldWorld macs are no longer in production and never will be
again.

All macs manufactured as of 1999 and later are newworld (with the
possible exception of some '99 laptops)

> Would the TiBook be worth the extra money?

it runs hotter, is less durable, and is lots more expensive.

> Is there sound support?

no

> I don't need Ximian Gnome but I would prefer it. Can I
> recompile it or will I have many problems with it?

you will always have many problems with ximian gnome.  if you run
woody (you should) there is absolutly no need to run ximian at all.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/