Re: [damsnet@free.fr: update about rs6k arch install report]

 Moin,

> Someone OK this and edit the web page... or tell me to edit it...
>
> on the web page: http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/inst/install
> the status for RS6000 7248 is not yet tested, so I would like to report
> the
> successfull install and use of Debian Potato and now Woody on an IBM
> RS6000 7248-133.

I've another successfull install report on RS6000 7248-100, but that was a
mixture of linuxppc rescue (kernel) floppy and the debian ramdisk floppy.

The main reason for this is the missing carolina-patch(es) for Prep-Machines
in the debian-prep-kernel.

> I got no particular problem exect for the video card which needs a patch
> available here:
> http://www.amberdata.demon.co.uk/carolina/

MfG,

  Hartmut

--
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Hartmut Koptein       | Debian Maintainer and Porter
Tel.: 0178-koptein (0178-5678346)            | Use Debian GNU/Linux!