Re: powerbook, 99% done!!!

Hi,

Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

On 21 Jul 2001 01:01:25 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

i have different showkey codes but i think this step is ok... using

"echo n >
/proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button(rigth place)" with n=a lot of different tries but nothing seems to work.

You need to input Linux keycodes, and you're probably using ADB keycodes. RTFM:
http://home.munich.netsurf.de/Franz.Sirl/inputppc.html

It works also without Linux keycodes, I had this working a long time
ago, and I only recently switched to Linux keycodes.

I didn't say you needed to use the Linux keycodes for your system, just that the mouse button emulation code is expecting Linux keycodes, and because he is using ADB keycodes, the output of showkey is different.

If he swaps to Linux keycodes, it will work as he expects it to, or he can also read the link I provided, and check the corresponding Linux keycodes for the key he wants to use, manually.

Btw, dont forget to echo 1 >
/proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation

Again, that's written on Franz' page.

This toggles the whole thing on and off. Also, I *think* it might
require an X restart to get them working.

Tuomas