Re: powerbook, 99% done!!!

Ivan Fabris wrote:

Hi all
thanks to E Benson, BenH and a lot of others ( i have lurked a lot this month :) now i have a powerbook with linux almost fully functional.... benh kernel rsynced yesterday, irda, xfree4, sound & midi, ecc... i still have some problem with apm but this doesn't matter now... my worst problem is the [emu|simu]lation of the rigth mouse button! T.S. said this:

edit the file /etc/sysctl.conf and add the following lines:

dev.mac_hid.mouse_button_emulation=1
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button2_keycode=68
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button3_keycode=87

(remember that "68" is my F10 and "87" is my F11)

i have different showkey codes but i think this step is ok... using "echo n > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button(rigth place)" with n=a lot of different tries but nothing seems to work.

You need to input Linux keycodes, and you're probably using ADB keycodes. RTFM:
http://home.munich.netsurf.de/Franz.Sirl/inputppc.html

i attach some sysinfo, and if someone wants a root account on my box to do the work, we can meet on irc ( sa you the channel :)

<snip>

Cheers