MS Wheel Mouse (optical USB) doesn't work

Hello together

First, I have to say thank you for the tips you gave me to solve my CD-ROM problems! Now, I can eject my Disks. But unfortunately, the next problem is waiting to be solved. After Potato has booted, my screen shows a login window. There I can login as root. After that, my screen displays the debian logo and some icons in the top right-hand corner. In the centre of the screen is the mouse icon, but it won't work.

I use a MS Wheel Mouse Optical USB (PS/2 Compatible). I red someting about gpmconfig, but when I use this command, nothing happens. Do I have to install a "gpm-tool" ? And if so, where can I find it? Another thing I have seen, is something about XF86Config. Could anybody help me?

By the way, is it possiple to change the settings, so that my debian system doesn't boot automatically to the window with the debian logo? I would prefere a level, where I can start XWindow and Genome myself.

Finally I would like to thank those, which help a beginner on the branches to ahead all.

Roland Wegmann
EMail: rowe_gnu@hotmail.com

Downloaden Sie MSN Explorer kostenlos unter http://explorer.msn.de/intl.asp