Re: FEEDBACK WANTED: What to do about XF86Config-4 BusID?

> > With your 4.1.0 from two weeks or so back, I didn't have to specify a
> > busid at all. Rage LT Pro, not 128.
>
> Well, I had to for 0pre1v5.  Maybe the atimisc driver has more brains that
> the r128 driver...

Maybe. I've not upgraded lately, maybe atimisc now also gets it wrong.

> > It seems this can be solved without giving a busid. If not, autodetect it
> > for one device, ask on finding more than one and switch to fbdev on
> > finding no device.
>
> You mean the fbdev driver, or "UseFBDev"?

The fbdev driver.

> If the former, then I need to do my lspci parsing and busid template
> management before prompting the user for a driver.  If no VGA device is
> found, I would then not ask any questions about the video hardware.

That would make more sense - I thought of it merely as a fallback,
checking for any sort of PCI, VESA or ISA cards up front might even make
arch specific hacks go away.

	Michael