Re: SBP2 locking problems - again

"Georg Koss" <g.koss@eunet.at> writes:

> So my questions are: Is anybody aware of coping with this problem or
> does anybody know about patches or anything else?  If the problem is
> not solved is there anybody working on it, and I mean I' no hacker
> (-(( but is there anything I can contribute.

There are a few too many patches floating around (see the 1394 list
archives for all the stuff Dan Berlin, Ira Weiny, Ben H, and Ben C
have posted).

It has to do with very low level endianness issues in the OHCI
protocol, and how apple build's it's 1394 hardware. All my firewire
hardware works on x86, non of it works on my pismo with BenH's latest
kernel. I've been waiting and testing since Dec. I would just be
patient and keep trying.

jas.