Re: [Q] where to get iso image of "extra" packages

On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 01:31:31PM +0200, Han The Thanh wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am new to debian and I have been trying to install debian to a G4
> powerbook. I downloaded the official iso images for powerpc (potato) and
> installed debian using them. Then I found that certain important packages
> are not avaialble in the iso's (ssh, netscape, etc.), probably they are

it is not easy to find netscape for power PC. your best bet is mozilla, i
think you can only find older versions of netscape :( i use the --display
option to get netscape off my boyfriends debian PC, and i ssh to my
account on his machine to get it. which leads me to ssh. apt-get install ssh
should do the trick, because open ssh is on the normal cds. and there is an
unofficial cd for debian. the fourth cd. with debian for PCs it has netscape
on it. not so for PPC.

good luck,
sisi