Re: [Q] where to get iso image of "extra" packages

sisi wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 01:31:31PM +0200, Han The Thanh wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am new to debian and I have been trying to install debian to a G4
> > powerbook. I downloaded the official iso images for powerpc (potato) and
> > installed debian using them. Then I found that certain important packages
> > are not avaialble in the iso's (ssh, netscape, etc.), probably they are
>
> it is not easy to find netscape for power PC. your best bet is mozilla, i
> think you can only find older versions of netscape :( i use the --display
> option to get netscape off my boyfriends debian PC, and i ssh to my
> account on his machine to get it. which leads me to ssh. apt-get install ssh
> should do the trick, because open ssh is on the normal cds. and there is an
> unofficial cd for debian. the fourth cd. with debian for PCs it has netscape
> on it. not so for PPC.

ssh and other such like things are on the non-us version of the
first CD.  That is the difference between the non-us and the
"regular" CD, the non-us has those extra programs, apache-ssl and
all that schtuff.  As for netscape, heh, you had a window that
closed several months back, where netscape 4.6x was available, it
has since been yanked, and is hard to find, and prolly not worth
finding.  these days mozilla is a better bet on ppc because it's
being actively developed and maintained.  I don't use it myself but
I gather it does the job.