Re: /dev/cdrom is missing

Okay, thanks for the info. Naturally, there's more to this story now that
I've got a good answer to my first question:

rusty@poet:~$ dmesg | grep CD
hdc: MATSHITADVD-ROM SR-8582, ATAPI CDROM drive

So, I follow instructions and link my hdc to cdrom, but then I get an error
message after I try to mount -a:

poet:/dev# mount -a
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
       or too many mounted file systems
I know I've got it right in fstab, mainly because I didn't change anything.
At least this time it caused the CDROM to spin up...I also tried the full
mount command manually, but I got the same error...

Now what? :-)

Thanks!

Russell