Re: Finally got a 2.4 kernel working!

Hi,

I am using SuSE PPC kernel v2.4.7pre3 with ReiserFS support. Works
without problems. Look at Readme and .patchinfo for more details.

ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/ppc/kernel/BETA

>Hello everyone,
>
>I finally got 2.4.6-pre8 from penguinppc.org (or wherever it is they tell
>you
>rsync from) to work on my machine. Funny thing, though, is that the console
>is bright ugly green, until I get into X. So when I'm booting, it is green,
>with other neon colors in the console that make it impossible to read
>whatever text comes through telling you what's going on. I crashed at one
>point (or X crashed, I think) because my mouse ceased to work and I got a
>bit
>of a console, but I couldn't read it, for the same reasons...
>
>Is the 2.4.6-pre8 kernel the same as benh's kernel or not? If not, where can
>I rsync his kernel from?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Russell

*   Best Regards   ---   Andrei Verovski               *
*   e-mail         ---   andrei.verovski@bigfoot.com   *
*   Personal Home Page                                 *
*   http://homepage.mac.com/macgurutemple/             *
*   Mac, Linux, DTP, Development, IT WEB Site          *