Re: new ibook (icebook) with debian ppc

"Dhruva B. Reddy" <sledgehammer2010@yahoo.com> writes:

> On a similar note, can anyone who has experience with Linux on a PPC
> comment on software support?  Unfortunately, I find myself running
> closed-source apps (such as StarOffice).  I have been toying with
> the idea of buying a PowerBook G4.

You could keep proprietary stuff on the proprietary OS (macosx), if
you are into that sort of thing.

Like a lot of people here, I'm a first time mac owner with a titanium
powerbook, and in general I'm pretty happy with it.  The biggest gripe
I have is that the Linux Kernel more often than not doesn't run (or
even compile).  However, there are variants on the Linux kernel that
run quite well, and I think that sooner or later the Linux kernel will
catch up.  All in all, I'm happy with the computer.(1)

--
David N. Welton
   Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/

(1) Of course, people who spend lots of money on something are either
    happy or they at least say they are...otherwise you sound kind of
    dumb, getting duped into paying so much for something of mediocre
    quality...:-)