Re: how to make a 7220 boot with quik

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 03:08:29PM +1000, Steven Hanley wrote:

> I finally tried igorning the append stuff in yaboot today and changing my
> boot-file variable innvram to have more than just

quik you mean?  yaboot won't work on that machine.

> '/boot/vmlinux-2.4.4 root=/dev/hda6' I also added some more kernel comand line
> arguemtns here as the kernel seemed to ignore whatever I put in quikc.conf
>
> Turns out this is where the 7220 needs command line arguments currently. (I
> will send my device tree to ethan soon now I finally have the system booted
> properly under quik)

7200's don't need any boot-file variable.  please try the quik in
woody which fixes a bug regarding setting of kernel command line
args.

> so now I have
>
> nvsetenv boot-file '/boot/vmlinux-2.4.4 root=/dev/hda6 ide0=reset ide1=reset video=atyfb:vmode:12'

please run cat /proc/cmdline to see if any of this really worked, on
penguinppc boot-file is simply thrown away, we have something
completly bogus in there now, it just had to have something, even if
it was `fartyfartyfoofoo'

> and now it boot,s of course the keyboard doesnt work currnetly and the dmesg
> reports no adb interface detected or some such, I am going to try setting up
> hid stuff fully and see if it works then.

strange.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/