Re: reading linux from MacOs

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 11:06:15AM -0500, Phil Fraering wrote:
> I find myself wondering from time to time, if you don't have to run
> MacOS on it,
> why put up with the aggravation of using a non-X86 linux? Don't get me
> wrong,
> I am _very_ grateful for the time you and others have put into this;
> it's given me
> two computers for the price of one.
>
> OTThirdH: Mac laptops aren't nearly as cost-ineffective for non-Mac
> applications
> as their desktops are.

well the powerpc architecture is less braindead etc, the hardware apple sell
is damn good hardware, IMO always has been superior to most x86 stuff (well
put together good quality components etc) for a similar quality x86 box you
will generally have to select individual components and build a box (and end
up spending lots more than bog standard namebrand pcs sell for) etc.

In general I use ppc stuff (and alwys use only linux on the boxen) as it is
good hardware, and means I dont have to use x86 stuff (maybe irrational but
hey) now if only someone other than apple could release affordable powerpc
based hardware that (because IBM stuff still costs to much)

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh/