Re: Booting 2.2r3 on iBook2

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 04:10:33PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:

> type debian video=ofonly at the boot: prompt.
>
> you don't need to enter OpenFirmware either, just hold down the C key.

I was unable to boot this way from the Debian 2.2r3 CD on an iBook
dual USB and I just tried it again. I just get a pure white screen, no
boot: prompt or text of any sort.

I can boot if I enter OpenFirmware and type:

boot cd:\install\powermac\yaboot

and then I do get a boot: prompt at which point I can type

debian video=ofonly

and boot into dbootstrap.

Since my initial troubles getting Debian PowerPC installed, I have
been able to install it and using benh's kernel source tree, I was
able to get a lot working. My next goal is to get my X 4.1 to work
with DRI and r128.

--
Ron Golan
rgolan@coalabs.com