Re: What's the best replacement editor for ae?

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Otto Wyss wrote:

> What small editors are in use on the PowerPC?

The same as on any GNU/Linux or *NIX platform.

> Is there any editor which is similar to BBedit in respect of the key
> shortcuts?

KDE and GNOME both come with basic GUI text-editors that are easy to use.
These don't qualify as "small" unless you already have KDE or GNOME.
I haven't found other graphical (X11) editors that I might recommend as a
BBEdit substitute, but I haven't looked very hard.

"nano" (a free clone of pico) is perhaps the best small, easy-to-use
editor for the console. It doesn't use the same key shortcuts as BBEdit,
but it has the same spirit of providing a functional, self-explanatory
editing tool.