Re: What's the best replacement editor for ae?

> The same as on any GNU/Linux or *NIX platform.

Unforunatly, I hoped on PPC there might be other alternatives as well.

> > Is there any editor which is similar to BBedit in respect of the key
> > shortcuts?
>
> "nano" (a free clone of pico) is perhaps the best small, easy-to-use
> editor for the console. It doesn't use the same key shortcuts as BBEdit,
> but it has the same spirit of providing a functional, self-explanatory
> editing tool.

Regarding "nano" see my other posting. "spirit of functionality" is one
important part of an editor and almost any Linux editor suits this
rather well. But for an editor the most important fact is usablilty of
its shortcuts and here none comes even close (IMHO). Nedit or e3 (in
nedit-mode) are the best candidates but nedit is IMHO to much Windows
oriented.

I don't want to start a "which is better" war, all I want is an editor
which has keyboard shortcuts like I mentioned in my other posting.

O. Wyss