Re: distribution of 2.4.x source for PPC (Re: Install on UATA)

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 06:39:44PM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 01:32:54AM +0000, Michael Blakeley wrote:
>
> > ...which I guess is ok, since the build proceeded anyway. But after
> > building the kernel it stopped with:
> [snip]
>
> That's because with 2.4.4 (or was it 2.4.5 ppc sync'ed up, heh..) images
> are no longer in arch/ppc/XXXboot/something, they're
> arch/ppc/boot/images/zImage{,.initrd}.XXXX, which end up being symlinks,
> in some cases.  I think the zImage.pmac symlink is to the new-world bootable
> images, not coff.  But anyhow, I should probably go & file a bug&patch
> for this sometime...

just don't break building for 2.2.

coff images are still useful for booting oldworlds no?

while your at would you mind fixing #100579 too?  thats my report
about the worthless way kernel-images deal with powerpc bootloaders,
its being completly ignored.

(i can grok some perl, what is found in /usr/share/kernel-package is
not it).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/