Re: Did I produce a brick of my PPC8200?

um, something that people informed me about when I hosed my system
was that you can boot the system holding down the cmd-opt-P-R keys,
and it will reset the nvram to the defaults so you can start all
over again trying to get it to boot with OF/quik.  When this
actually works (sometimes it takes a couple of tries) my machine did
the chimes twice.  my advice is after you reset the nvram, read the
man page for nvsetenv and for quik before doing anything precipitous
like changing your boot-device.  it helps to find out for sure what
the disk device is to use.  like, is your hard drive set to scsi id
0 for sure, and like that.  if you can get into the OF, check your
aliases to make sure that you have a scsi-int alias, and that it
points to the right scsi bus that your disk is on.  My 8500 has two
scsi controllers, and they both have a connector on the motherboard,
but only one is attached to the external connector.