Re: Save trackpad settings during sleep

> > But we run pmud before the device wakeup has done. This is extremely bad,
> > opening /dev/adb should return -EAGAIN while the bus state isn't sane, as
> > after sleep (there isn't anything user space related to care about before
> > ADB is initialized on boot).
>
> Er, quickly reading pmud.c, it _looks_ like we open the device (/dev/adb) once
> and after that always assume it's open/sane.  Same w/ /dev/pmu.  It also

Bad assumption. But we can extend the error detection to reads and writes
easily, right? I've stopped hacking on the ADB code long time ago so my
memory is fuzzy there.

> looks like currently we use some 'magic' to do adb stuff, instead of trying
> to do this via ioctls or something like that..

Magic? It's called 'assemble an ADB request, send it off and wait for a
reply'. Do you want to define ioctls to talk to each of the gadzillion
brands of ADB devices out there, or, by extension, other stuff like USB
devices that can be configured by the user?

	Michael