Re: Save trackpad settings during sleep

> > On my TiBook, BenH' 2.4.5-pre kernel reprobes all ADB devices after
> > wakeup. This, I think, is not new; what's changed is the fact that the
> > rescan is not done inline in the wakeup code path, but rather a kernel
> > thread is started that does the probe. Wakeup is faster, since we don't
> > block on the ADB probe.
>
> Right.  And pmud currently is expecting the old behavior, ie when it's called
> things have been set up.  Sound right?

Right. Doing certain wakeup tasks out of order in a separate thread was
something BenH mentioned he'd plan doing some time when there was
trouble waking up CD-ROMs but I had no idea he got around to implementing
it, and no reason to assume pmud had to be smarter about things. BTW I'm
only packaging pmud, these major changes need to be coordinated with
Stephan Leemburg anyway.

	Michael