Re: RFC: What should be done about kernel-image's bootloader questions

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 02:26:45PM -0700, Andrew Sharp wrote:
> Um, well, wait a second.  There's quik and there's yaboot.  The
> latter needs a little 800K partition, but is that so wrong?  Quik

its a bit annoying to have to have some silly partition for booting,
but this is the way i see it:

root]# mac-fdisk -l /dev/hda | grep Apple_B
/dev/hda2         Apple_Bootstrap bootstrap              1600 @ 64 (800.0k)  NewWorld bootblock
root]#

you never have to mount it, or modify it yourself. as far as i care
its no different then the empty 1k block at the start of my root
partition.

its not really any worse then a partition table that lives in a
partition defined in its own partition table ;-)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/